ABOUT THE 14th MALAYSIAN HOSPICE COUNCIL CONGRESS 2020
The Malaysian Hospice Council is the umbrella body of hospice and palliative care organizations in Malaysia. It was set up in 1996 and currently has 22 organizations as members. The National Cancer Society of Malaysia (NCSM) Sarawak Branch is a member of Council.
The Congress began in Penang in 1996, as a two-day scientific meeting hosted by The National Cancer Society of Malaysia Penang. Since then, the meeting has been held biennially in various parts of Malaysia. The Malaysian Hospice Council Congress is now the leading national forum for healthcare professionals, community volunteers and lay individuals in the field of hospice and palliative care in Malaysia.
Objectives of the Congress
- ▶ To bring together various people involved in Hospice and Palliative Care to share their experiences.
- ▶ To provide a premier interdisciplinary platform for practitioners of Hospice and Palliative Care to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends and concerns, as well as practical challenges encountered, and solutions adopted in the fields of Hospice and Palliative Care.
- ▶ To enable networking among people and organizations involved in Hospice and Palliative Care.
- ▶ To enhance awareness of Hospice and Palliative Care in Sarawak.
- ▶ To provide an opportunity for more people from Sarawak to learn from the experts.
Pre-Congress: 4 Points
Congress : 16 Points
Who Should Attend?
the medical field